Monday, February 28, 2011

NY Fashion Week Diary - Final Day

I spent Sunday morning in the drawing room of the Crosby Street Hotel with a coffee and the NY Times Sunday Style section. It was the only relaxing morning I had the whole trip. However, the moment was short lived and I was off again to Lincoln Center for the Lela Rose show at 11: 00 a.m.

Rose McGowan & Brittany Snow in Center

Actresses Rose McGowan, Brittany Snow, Lynn Collins, and Shantel VanSanten were seated front row at the Lela Rose show. The feminine and pretty dresses were the highlight of the show, especially the long maroon gown at the end. There were definitely a few red carpet worthy pieces.



    
Lela Rose Fall 2011

As soon as the show was over I pushed my way through the crowd and flagged down a cab outside. The Preen show at Milk Studios was at 11:30 a.m. and I was crossing my fingers that I would make it on time. Thankfully I arrived just as they were about to close the doors.

The Preen show was the best I’d seen all week. The collection was filled with bright colors that popped and very modern geometric patterns and cuts. I was immediately obsessed with it's sophisticated style. Bryan Boy and Rose McGowan (who must have also rushed over after the Lela Rose show) were both being interviewed afterwards. As I snapped a picture of Bryan Boy (wearing neon orange pants and a white fur coat) he was talking about how the 80s never went away for him.

Bryan Boy at Preen

Model Melissa Tammerijn in Preen Show and leaving Milk Studios













Preen Fall 2011


Inside Jeffery
After the morning shows I had some time to walk around the Meatpacking District and check out a few shops. My absolute favorites were Jeffery, Scoop, and Louboutin. If I could have, I would have bought out everything in all three stores.

When I got back to the hotel is was time to pack my bags and check out of the hotel. My friend Beth was leaving for a trade show in Las Vegas and I still had a full evening of shows, so I stayed the night with my aunt Rosa and uncle Gary.


Bags Packed

I was sad to leave our gorgeous hotel and would definitely stay there again. Every room is designed differently but I really loved our stylish purple room. I also learned that the hotel has it’s own scent for their lotion, shampoo, conditioner, shower gel, and hand soap, which they provide for guests only. It’s an elegant smell that I wish I would have snagged more bottles of after I left.




Then it was time for the 8th floor shows at Milk Studios. I was able to bring the whole family with me and they were thrilled. That evening we saw Katie Gallagher, Gregory Parkinson, Erickson Beamon, and Duro Olowu.

Katie Gallagher’s collection seemed a little too Gothic at first glance, but as I further examined each piece they were actually very wearable. There was a short black dress and a mesh gray dress that I had my eye on. The next room was Los Angeles-based designer Stevie Nicks. She presented her label Gregory Parkinson with a collection of cotton tulle peasant dresses. The soft fabrics, vintage-inspired patterns, and rainbow of colors reminded me of a more stylish Laura Ingalls.


Katie Gallagher Fall 2011


Gregory Parkinson Fall 2011

Erickson Beamon’s collection of jewels was up next. As soon as I walked in it was clear that the ballerina influence of Black Swan was in full effect. Each piece was gorgeous and I especially loved the jeweled shirt. The last room was a presentation by Duro Olowu. The eclectic collection was all about bright bold colors and a variety of textures. Born in Nigeria, Olowu’s gorgeous pieces were a multi-cultural mix of African and South American influences.


Erickson Beamon Fall 2011


Duro Olowu Fall 2011

Afterwards, we all shared cheeseburgers at Pastis in the Meatpacking District and joked about our overpriced burgers. Owner Keith McNally went to great measures to reproduce a 1930s Parisian brasserie. The cute French restaurant was definitely popular and we noticed a few off duty models who also made their way there from the shows.

Sunday was my last night in the city. I flew back to LA Monday morning and spent Valentine’s Day with the hubby. I’m excited about all the fall fashion I checked out during the first half of New York Fashion Week and hope to be back for the spring presentations in September. Thankfully it will be a lot warmer then.

NY Fashion Week Diary - Day Two
NY Fashion Week Diary - Day Three 
   

No comments:

Post a Comment