Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Fashion Flashback - Herb Ritts 80s and 90s Style

I love it when my job and passion come together!  Today, at the museum I work at, which sits on a hilltop overlooking Los Angeles (can you guess which one that is?), I announced the acquisition 69 photographs by fashion and celebrity photographer Herb Ritts.  Since I do a fashion flashback column a few times a month, I thought I would dedicate this one to Herb Ritts's Style of the 80s and 90s.  Ritts had an amazing way of capturing high-fashion in a dramatic and absolutely beautiful style.  He also helped with the rise of the supermodel and the reason why we know Cindy, Naomi, Christy, Stephanie, and Tatjana by their first names.

Versace - Veiled Dress, El Mirage, 1990, Cindy Crawford - Ferre 3, Malibu, 1994, Tatjana - Veiled Head (Tight View), Joshua Tree, 1988 (all by Herb Ritts, © Herb Ritts Foundation)



British Vogue Cover by Herb Ritts

Related Article: 

No comments:

Post a Comment