Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Rory Beca Launches Adorable Collection at Forever 21



After the Rodarte preview at MOCA's Pacific Design Center space, I headed over to The Grove for the Rory Beca for Forever 21 launch party. I met Rory as soon as I walked in and we chatted about her adorable collection. As we're chatting she walks over to one of her dresses and grabs the tag. "How embarrassing is this," Rory says as she points to a photo of herself on the tag. We laugh over the inclusion of her photo, but Forever 21 must be thrilled to finally have such a cool designer collaboration that they went all out with the tag. Then she tells me that I must try the video flip book, which turned out to be so much fun. My husband and I couldn't stop laughing as we made our flip book. Needless to say we had a great time at the launch party. For the few minutes I spent with Rory, she was super sweet, friendly, and lots of fun.  It's quite clear that the personality of this talented designer shines through in the clothes she designs.

I picked up the gray dress that Rory is wearing in the picture of us (and also on the mannequin to her left) and the pink knit sweater in the second picture below.  It was so warm in L.A. the next day that I ended up wearing the dress around town.  I have a feeling I'll be wearing it all summer.

Check Out My Previous Interview With Rory HerePetro Zillia & Rory Beca for Forever 21 = Springtime Wardrobe Shopping!

Click here to shop the collection online

Rory and I on the Swanky Red Carpet


Rory Beca's Collection in Forever 21



Sweet Treats (including macaroons) Were Served at the Party...But Went Very Quickly


Rory Beca for Forever 21 Window Display at The Grove


Party Scene Outside of Forever 21At The Grove

Making the Video Flip Book
And Laughing Uncontrollably

1 comment: