Wednesday, March 9, 2011

"L" Decor

Moving is one feat, decorating is a completely different challenge. I couldn’t wait for the day to finally arrive! I had been scouring the internet and driving up and down the streets of Los Angeles for months in hopes of finding the perfect apartment (at the perfect price) to begin our lives in a new home together. There were times I thought I’d never find it but when I did, I knew I had to have it. So did the landlord who summed it up by telling my boyfriend (Josh) that I seem like a girl who gets what she wants. Well, I did. And now I must furnish it. My column will chronicle the adventures in designing my first place living with him and figuring out how to create the classy comfortable home I’ve been dreaming of for so long. Of course I don’t have the unlimited budget I hoped I’d have at this point but I’m finding resourceful ways to be way more inspiring and fun! I must admit my slight addiction to browsing on craigs list and Etsy for awesome vintage finds and running through the aisles of flea markets keep my adrenaline racing! I also love shopping for the few luxury pieces I am willing to “invest” in for long-term happiness in our place (note my play on key words appeasing to the male ear). Oh and by the way, I am not a professional interior designer, it’s simply a passion of mine to express myself through eclectic décor. My column will be a way for me to compile the lovely things that catch my attention along the way and share them with the rest of you!

Check out some things I’ve been dreaming about lately:


Jonathan Adler's x-bench I've adored for years


Parker Palm Springs aka my favorite weekend getaway and eclectic design heaven!

Dreaming that this chair will find its way to my living room




No comments:

Post a Comment