Saturday, January 22, 2011

Style Crushing - Lucy Hale

With the return of the cult-hit Pretty Little Liars on ABC Family, I have a serious style crush on Lucy Hale. I can't enough of her edgy yet feminine style, which is very similar to her PLL character Aria. My crush began when she was on Privileged and ever since then I've been hooked. The thing I love most about her is that she doesn't take herself too seriously and has a unique style of her own.  In fact, she recently told Teen Vogue "If I think it's cute, I'll wear it." 

Teen Vogue recently included Lucy in their 50 best-dressed celebrities list and put her on the cover of their February issue. I absolutely love the styling for the cover photo shoot and especially the playful ways they used colors and prints. In her video interview she talks about her personal style and says that although she usually keeps to basics such as black and white, she is trying to incorporate color into her red carpet style. Although I agree that color is important, my favorite red carpet looks are the two black dresses below. She also talks about wanting to take more fashion risks and admires people that really go for it.
A few more fashion risks and Miss Little Pretty will definitely be on her way to becoming a fashion world darling.

In an interview with PLL's costume designer Mandi Line for Stylist.com, she reveals that Aria's style is actually affordable fashion and shops at LF in Larchmont, Polkadots and Moonbeams on W. Third St., and Wasteland on Melrose. Although I obsess over the fashion on Gossip Girls, and back in the day, Sex and the City, the attainable fashion on PLL is more relatable and along the lines of my own style.     


Who What Wear also interviewed Lucy in July and the photos look like they are right out of a designer's lookbook. Featuring labels such as Rebecca Minkoff, Opening Ceremony, J Brand, and many vintage pieces from The Way We Wore shop, I'm dying to get my hands on every look. She mentions in her interview that her favorite piece in her wardrobe is a black lace strapless dress that she found at a vintage store. The black dress she wore to the Young Hollywood Awards (shown below) looks like it could be that dress. I agree, Lucy, it's also one of my favorites. It especially stands out with those red Brain Atwood pumps.

A look at Lucy's red carpet style:





1 - Lucy wore a Lucca Couture Zip-Front Romper to The Nylon's "Young Hollywood" Party At Tropicana Bar, Roosevelt Hotel In Hollywood on May 12, 2010

2 - At the 2010 Teen Choice Awards Lucy wore a Paule Ka black chiffon cocktail dress with sequin embellishment at the bust and seatbelt detailing at the shoulder and waist. She topped of the look with a pair of Ruthie Davis spiked booties.

3 - Last month, Lucy attended the Miss Golden Globes Party hosted by the Hollywood Foreign Press Association and InStyle on Dec. 10, 2010.  She wore a cream Foley + Corinna corset dress and red patent Brian Atwood platform pumps.

4 - Lucy attended the 12th Annual Young Hollywood Awards last year and wore a vintage black asymmetrical cocktail dress with a lace sleeve and the same red patent Brian Atwood platform pumps.


Lucy's Street Style:


Lucy's everyday style is sometimes funky and sometimes boho but always chic and put together. I'm especially loving the edgy leather jacket with the pretty floral blouse. I'm sure we will be seeing more and more of Miss Hale as her career and style continue to evolve.
   

No comments:

Post a Comment