Saturday, January 8, 2011

Building A Collection

I'm not into new years resolutions but over the holiday break I did resolve to finally clean out my closet. Before I started I made a promise to myself that I would not be lenient with what stayed behind. Although I did end up clearing out more than usual, I realized there were a few special items which would never, ever make the Goodwill pile. Some of these items have sentimental value, but I'm also holding on to them because of a strange nagging feeling that I want to hand down vintage clothing to my unborn daughter, if I have one.  My mother passed on a few 60s and 70s pieces that I cherish and someday I would love to do the same.  Hopefully as I get older, and earn a better salary, I will build a better collection to pass on.

Things That Will Never Leave My Closet

My first DVF dress.

A pair of old school Marc Jacobs shoes I found at a stylist sale for $10. They are a bit too small and pinch my feet but they will always be new vintage since I almost never wore them.

A pair of out-of-style Gucci sunglasses that my husband bought me when we were first dating. 

My first Gucci watch I bought with my college graduation money.

A Theory white dress and navy linen pants which still fit me perfectly.

A Veronica M short polka-dot dress I wore out way too much in my early 20s.

A pair of Loeffler Randall black shoes with gold studs which pretty  much go with everything.

My first pair of Sevens, True Religion, J Brands and Rock & Republics. As well as my second, third, and fourth pairs. Unless they have seriously large holes, I rarely give them away.

A pair of Miu Miu Platform Shoes I wore to my rehearsal dinner.

A Michael Kors handbag. My first over $100 handbag purchase.

A gorgeous Edidi New York jeweled evening bag I received as a gift years ago.



What kind of collection are you building?

No comments:

Post a Comment