Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Gossip Girl Without Leighton Meester?!?!?!

Ms. Blair recently told E! that she's leaving Gossip Girl in two years, when her contract is up. Oh my, the CW must be really loving this publicity.  It seems a little early to be making her exit announcement, doesn't it? Apparently the show has been supportive and flexible about her doing other projects while filming the show. In fact, she's appearing alongside Gwyneth Paltrow in the upcoming film "Country Strong."  And let's not forgot about her music career. During the E! interview, she also discussed her side projects saying, "It allows you to be ready for when the show's over." Meester then added, "I don't know [if the series will end when I leave,] but I think there's that old saying about wanting to go out on top."  Although she says the producers are supportive of this decision, it's still gotta feel like a bit of a slap in the face. I must say without Meester, Gossip Girl just won't be the same. So, will it continue without her?  I really don't see how it can since she's the best one on the show. Although I do love the recent casting of Katie Cassidy, I'm just not sure she or anyone else can fill the Queen B's scandalous shoes.  P.S. Will the show finally reveal who Gossip Girl is before Meester leaves?  Maybe it can be Ms. Blair's final take down?

Leighton Meester has been a fashion world darling since the beginning of the show.  Her style on and off camera has been one of the main reasons I watch the show. I know this is a bit melodramatic since she's not leaving for another two years, but I've put together a farewell photo montage of some of Ms. Blair's best styles on the show. We bid a long farewell to our Queen B :)  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment